this used to be our family blog entitled "British Royalty versus the Ramsey Clan" (since i'm descended from King Edward II and jon is a descendant from the Ramsay Clan) but since jon never participated, and my mom is the only one who reads this, it is now a format for writing her letters. I mean, for writing you letters, mom.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

dandelion, dandelion

Because of this children's nursery rhyme:
...

"Oh dandelion, yellow as gold,What do you do all day?"
"I just wait here in the tall green grass
Till the children come out to play."
"O dandelion, yellow as gold,What do you do all night?"
"I wait and wait til the cold dews fall
And my hair grows long and white."
"And what do you do when your hair is white
And the children come out to play?"
"They take me up in their dimpled hands
And blow my hair away."
...
Susan will spend her adult life with a yellow lawn. She has a hard time thinking of those golden flowers as weeds. Goodbye lush grassy lawn.

No comments: