this used to be our family blog entitled "British Royalty versus the Ramsey Clan" (since i'm descended from King Edward II and jon is a descendant from the Ramsay Clan) but since jon never participated, and my mom is the only one who reads this, it is now a format for writing her letters. I mean, for writing you letters, mom.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Dear Mom ...

i made your Special K bars the other day. it was hard work cutting them. but the taste sure is worth it.  notice the traditional splash of flour on my face to show that i worked sufficiently hard:


i made myself some maternity pants.  they still need some work.  i'm going to add a stretchy Belly Band to the top (so i can easily slip them on and off), and finish the hems. i used my usual pattern - cutting a bigger version around pants i already had and making alterations as i go.  my sewing machine makes me mad, so i just hand-stitched these.  it's actually kind of relaxing to sit and stitch:


i bought my first piece of maternity clothing.  this is my belly at two months along.  (dear hips, please don't get any wider. same goes for you, chest).  i plan to use it as a template also for making other dresses.  i decided i want to wear more dresses.  watching Mary Tyler Moore made me think this.  she had such great dresses.   


all my life i have lived with a rope plant (hoya carnosa), but have never seen one bloom!  but here is mine blooming - i guess i finally have it in the right window and it likes Miracle Grow:


 i think homemade things are so much better and more loved than store bought things.  here are toys i'd like to make for my kid - rough ideas anyway:
How cute - the little monster fits in the big one!

weird snowman with long carrot nose

striped rabbit

woodland creatures




the end. for today.

5 comments:

reginag said...

You should be proud of her. She cares on you guys a lot.


arizona medical marijuana doctor

honeyclarck said...

In my point of view You sure did put a new twist on something that Ive heard so much about ActualExams. And How did you manage to make a blog that as smart as it is sleek?

Body Armour said...

Great blog!! You should start many more as for as Body Armour. I love all the info provided. I will stay tuned :)

nikeairmaxshoes90 said...

We must wear athletic shoes at any moment,Discount Belstaff Jackets no matter operating, shopping with close friends or even stay in your house.Onitsuka Tiger ultimate 81 Definitely the footwear will be seen unclean things like particles, sweat,Hogan Online and some uncomfortable materials. Onitsuka tiger shoes come in our eye and turn popular by many people.Louis Vuitton Handbags

myrtle said...

Cool! Love your blog.=D
myrtle